2009年5月9日土曜日

HOMEWORK - Buddhism

My daily life is greatly affected by Buddism, but I'm not sure what is infilenced by it. Because the religion of Japan is mixture. Here is 5 things that I thought of.

1.I almost always sit on a cushion on a floor. Though it is just not to get a behind ache for me, it was used in religious rites by priest.

2.I put up my umbrella on rainy days, but it was for Buddihist ceremonys.

3.Since I was a child, my grand parents often say "Eat it up!" I'm sure that is related to Buddist ethos, mottainai.

4.There is a small dish with salt in the toilet to protect my family against evils. Although I don't know whether that is affected by Buddhism or not, I guess salt is related to Buddhism.

5.Japanese cuisine is supposed to delight the eyes as much as the palate. This is drived from Buddhist doctrine which deprecated the argument about the taste.

3 件のコメント:

  1. I don't know that puttiong up an umbrella is Buddhism!!?? Really??!! Thank you!!!! I can get your very good idesas!! I erite blog, but they are very simple. For example, they are about greeting "itadakimasu" before eating food. Your ides are very interesting for me!!! I can study very well♪ Thank you♪

    返信削除
  2. You said that you just "guess" about putting the salt in the toliet is realated to buddhism, then, another buddhists often do that to protect from evils?? I want to know about that~~

    返信削除
  3. Is salt related to Buddhism? Did your family say that is why it is there?

    返信削除