2010年1月18日月曜日

HOMEWORK - Table Manners

1. HAVE YOU EVER EATEN IN A RESTAURANT IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY? WHERE? WHAT DID YOU EAT? DID YOU MAKE A MISTAKES? PLEASE EXPLAIN YOUR EXPERIENCE.
yes, in New Zealand, England and Korea. i ate Chinese food, sushi and pizza in NZ. in England, Chinese food, Korean food, Italian food, Japanese food, Indian food, and traditional afternoon tea. then in Korea, i ate Korean food like samgyeopsal, chijim, japchae and tackalbi. i did not know whether i mistook or not cause i didn't know foreign table manners well. but i just knew that i do not have to pick up a bowl in Korea, so i just cared that when i ate in Korea.


2. DID YOU LEARN ANYTHING?
my mother and grand mother were strict about table manners when i was a little. so i learned a lot: the use of chopsticks, how to hold a bowl, do not speak with my mouth full, don't place my elbow on the table and so on. they always said "if you have bad table manners, you won't be able to get a feller!" when i mistook.

4 件のコメント:

  1. Your mother & grandma are right, I think.
    I do not want my partner to have bad table manners, and vice versa.

    返信削除
  2. Hi!
    I think it is important to learn foreign table manners even if we have no chance to go abroad.
    It may be helpful sometimes.

    返信削除
  3. Hi!
    There are many kinds of foods and table manner in the world. We have to learn about table manners.

    返信削除
  4. Hi.
    My grandmother was strict about table manners too. She taught me them hard.
    I thank her very much now.

    返信削除